Heart is pump made from muscle tissue. This has got four pumping chambers: two upper chambers, named atria, and two lower chambers, named ventricles. The valves between each heart’s pumping chambers will keep flowing blood forward through your heart.
- Tricuspid valve is located between right atrium as well as right ventricle
- Pulmonary valve is located between right ventricle and pulmonary artery
- Mitral valve is located between left atrium and left ventricle
- Aortic valve is located between left ventricle and aorta
When the valves are diseased or damaged and don’t work in a way they must they might have to get repaired and replaced. The conditions that might cause the heart valve dysfunction will be valve stenosis and valve regurgitation and require immediate valve repair surgery Singapore.
Why do I require heart valve repair and replacement surgery?
The valve replacement or repair surgery can be done to correct problems that are caused by some diseased heart valves. Suppose heart valves get damaged and diseased, you might have following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Weight gain because of fluid retention
- Edema (or swelling) of feet, ankles, and abdomen
There are some other reasons for the healthcare provider to suggest the heart valve repair and replacement surgery.
What are risks of the heart valve surgery?
The possible risks of the heart valve repair and replacement surgery will include:
- Blood clots that will cause stroke, heart attack, and lung problems
- Bleeding during and after the surgery
- Breathing problems
- Repaired and replaced valve does not work correctly